Summary: Community building in a way small town entrepreneurs can identify with. Good section on tools, and lots of timeless techniques.
The title sounds a bit grandiose to small town ears, but the way Ramon Ray talks about building community will sound very familiar.
- You are the face of your business.
- You’re part of a small community.
- Serve people like they matter to your whole network.
Of course, the section on online marketing tools will age as tools change, but half the book is spent setting out the timeless approach. Whether you’re serving a local market or getting beyond geographic limits, take your small-town sensibility with you.
Good stuff for rural entrepreneurs.
Find out more and buy it from The Celebrity CEO page.
Disclosure: Ramon Ray is my friend and sent me a copy of this book. I like the book, so I’m sharing it. Other friends have sent me books that I did not review because I didn’t find them useful enough to share.
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019