Summary: Community building in a way small town entrepreneurs can identify with. Good section on tools, and lots of timeless techniques.
The title sounds a bit grandiose to small town ears, but the way Ramon Ray talks about building community will sound very familiar.
- You are the face of your business.
- You’re part of a small community.
- Serve people like they matter to your whole network.
Of course, the section on online marketing tools will age as tools change, but half the book is spent setting out the timeless approach. Whether you’re serving a local market or getting beyond geographic limits, take your small-town sensibility with you.
Good stuff for rural entrepreneurs.
Find out more and buy it from The Celebrity CEO page.
Disclosure: Ramon Ray is my friend and sent me a copy of this book. I like the book, so I’m sharing it. Other friends have sent me books that I did not review because I didn’t find them useful enough to share.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020