Business owners have great intentions.
You plan on developing a great customer service program. And this is the year that you will step up your marketing program. Of course, you know you need to build that customer loyalty program. Plus your competition is doing some great things with social media including a new video effort.
And the list goes on.
But how often does your reality not meet your intentions?
I suspect that the gap is fairly large and happens a lot more than what you would like.
Successful business owners know that the gap exists and focus on making reality as close to intention as possible.
You might ask how that is possible? How can some people narrow the gap? In your experience, every time you try to adjust, the result is that you come up with even more items you should be doing so your gap becomes a chasm wider than the Grand Canyon itself.
Some of the initial steps are ones you already know and are probably doing. Things such as listing all of the “to do” items and then prioritizing those most crucial.
But are you realistic in how much time the list will take? What we expect rarely is the case? How long does it take to actually get that that half-day project done?
Then there is the whole idea of getting a project “done.” Projects aren’t done. We start project and then they take on a life of their own. Keeping them running takes far longer than starting the project. My most recent experience with such a project was building a web site.
So how can you ensure that the gap does not occur? You probably know the answer.
- Start one thing at a time.
- Get your mentor involved to help you stay on track. Tell them to help you focus.
- Celebrate success. But as you celebrate, remember that you aren’t done.
Don’t let your intentions overcome your capacity. Keep the gap under control. And success can be yours.
- Change - December 26, 2018
- Regular Customers Form Your Base - December 12, 2018
- Disasters: Is Your Small Business Ready? - December 5, 2018
- Business Startup: Steps to Remember - November 28, 2018
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL - November 21, 2018
- Finding a Business Idea - November 14, 2018
- Does Your Networking Have Punch? - November 7, 2018
- Build Tomorrow’s Community Business Sector - October 24, 2018
- Are You Changing? - October 17, 2018
- Is it really a deal? - October 10, 2018