Live streaming video provides you new ways to reach customers and promote your small business. Today’s tools include Facebook Live, Instagram and Snapchat Live Stories, Google Hangouts that stream live on YouTube, Periscope video that streams on Twitter, and even stolid old LinkedIn that will let you pipe in live video from your Facebook Live feed.
These tools are always changing, so I know that list will be outdated soon. You know what won’t change? The way you use live video to reach people. Here are some tips and ways you can use live video to promote your small business in your small town.
Live video streaming tips
Live video is best for immediate events. What is happening right now? That makes live video a natural match for live events, special sales, happenings, visiting experts or special showings. Make it seem like such a good time that people want to take a break from whatever they were doing so they can rush down to join you. You’re in a small town, so use that sense of connection.
Live video is informal. Don’t worry about a script, but do have an idea of what you want to say. You don’t have to be polished and professional. Just give yourself a moment or two to think through your key points before you start shooting live. Then be your best small town self: friendly.
Live video takes a little time to draw a crowd. Give your audience some time to gather up. Don’t make latecomers feel like they missed all the good stuff. Feature the good stuff throughout, and make sure to repeat your key points more than once.
What should you show on live video?
Feature your local area:
- Livestream local events
- Show off area attractions
- Show what there is to do in this town
- Show us the causes you support and how they make a difference
Show your products:
- Livestream your products working in the real world
- Show how to maintain them, reload them or keep them going
Show your customers:
- Profile your customers
- Show how you solve problems for customers
- Say thank you to a customer, live on video
Show your people:
- Introduce people who work for you
- Livestream your people helping customers
- Tell your founding story
- Talk about future plans
- Share your vision and passion
Feature your manufacturing or production:
- Livestream the production process
- Show how high your quality is
- Demonstrate your safety
Show your suppliers:
- Livestream from your suppliers, all the way back to the farm field or the raw materials
- Show how your suppliers make a difference in the community
Feature your knowledge:
- Teach us something
- Show us insider tricks
- Show us traps to avoid
- Livestream quick interviews of your visiting experts
- Livestream tidbits from conferences and events
Do you have a live video success story to share? Or a question? Let’s hear it!
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022