Glenn Muske wrote Your Small Business Needs a Sign.
Ouch! This really hit home for me. Our store sign was damaged by wind and hail, and we left it there for way too long because it seemed like such a big job to do anything.
Too many questions: how much will it cost? Which big city sign company can we trust? (no local sign companies!) Or should we get a local welder to bodge something together? Or…. We were stuck. So we just stuck up some temporary flags that say “LIQUOR.”
Then we managed to find really plain temporary replacement faces for the sign. Turns out we had these panels all along in storage, but weren’t sure they’d work. They’re horribly generic, but better than nothing.
It’s high time to get a permanent solution.
We finally made the decisions. We bought an old sign box from another business. I designed new sign faces online, and we got a nearby company to print new faces for it. I put the order in on Friday.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021