Get visitors to your small town to notice all the cool details in your older buildings. Give them a scavenger hunt to follow.
This example is from El Reno, Oklahoma, Main Street. They made it a contest with a time limit, but I think it’s a timeless idea, one you can use to get visitors looking up for years to come.
This one could also go digital. Post your photos on your Instagram account, and challenge locals and visitors alike to find the details.
Has your small town tried getting folks to notice the details? Tell us about it in the comments.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022