We’re all using the same marketing theme this year: Shift Your Shopping. When we work together to spread the word, we’ll multiply how many customers we reach.
This week, the focus is on the causes you support.
Our ultimate goal is to build a stronger community for all your local businesses, and the charities you donate to and the causes you support are important to that. Let’s share that story with customers. You can do this on Facebook or Instagram, or in print ads you’re planning to run.
Look back through your bookkeeping. What causes have you given to this year? Pick the one that matters the most to you. Why does it matter to you? What’s so important about what they do for the community?
Write a three-sentence story about them. Be sure to tag them or mention them by name. End by saying, “Together, we’re making a better community. When you shift just a little more of your shopping to local stores, you help us all. #ShiftYourShopping.”
While you’re online, look up your fellow local stores. See if they have posted their mini-stories yet. When you find them, like and share them!
Here’s the bonus: You support and donate to a lot of causes. You’re not limited here. You can do as many of these cause mini-stories as you like!
Small Business Saturday
If you’ll be participating in Small Business Saturday in the US on November 28, stop by ShopSmall.com now to sign up to possibly get tote bags and other materials you can use to promote the day. The deadline is posted as November 16.
Shift Your Shopping is our group theme for holiday marketing this year. You have my permission to forward these articles to your local retailers, merchants association, chamber of commerce, downtown development group or any one else you think would benefit from them. All you need to do is list the author as Becky McCray of SmallBizSurvival.com and then let me know who you are sharing with.
Shift Your Shopping 2015 series:
- Picking your Holiday 2015 marketing theme
- Set your cover photos
- Spotlight a local business
- Spotlight on community
- Share the causes you care about
- Support your service providers
- Small Business Saturday
- Tell your founding story
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022