Can something as mundane as a bike rack be art? Sure! Hey, if power and light poles can be art, anything is up for grabs!
Norman, Oklahoma, is admittedly not a small town, with a population of over 110,000 and the home to a major university. But, I love their back racks. Any small town could add fun and interesting bits of art with bike racks.
The ones in Norman have proved so popular, they’ve created a driving tour so you can see them all.
How could you add a fun and decorative element to something functional in your town?
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020