Can something as mundane as a bike rack be art? Sure! Hey, if power and light poles can be art, anything is up for grabs!
Norman, Oklahoma, is admittedly not a small town, with a population of over 110,000 and the home to a major university. But, I love their back racks. Any small town could add fun and interesting bits of art with bike racks.
The ones in Norman have proved so popular, they’ve created a driving tour so you can see them all.
How could you add a fun and decorative element to something functional in your town?
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021