Did you know that military won’t be the biggest use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)? In fact, agriculture will account for 80% of UAV use in coming years, Jim Mason of Elk City, Oklahoma, tells us. He also explains why rural Western Oklahoma is a leader in the industry.
In agriculture, unmanned systems make it possible to target nutrients, spraying and chemical application only to the smallest possible area of need. Estimates of crop yields can be far more accurate rather than guesses made from the edge of a field.
Agricultural use will far outpace public safety and all other uses of unmanned systems, according to the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International’s Economic Impact Report.
Thanks to Jim Mason, Economic and Community Development Director for the City of Elk City, Oklahoma, for taking time to share his knowledge on this subject.
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022