I realize that no one likes accounting, but I like WaveApps.
I like that they focus on businesses with 9 or fewer employees, or no employees at all.
I know that there are a lot of specialty apps out there, one for invoicing, one for receipts, something else for payroll. I don’t need the job of bringing that data together, so I like that Wave includes all the parts of accounting most businesses of this size need: invoicing, accepting payments, payroll. I don’t like that they have not completed online tax payments for all states yet.
I like being able to scan receipts from my phone and turn them into transactions.
I like how the site works on an iPad.
I like exporting my bank transactions and importing them into Wave, then categorizing a whole month by clicking. I like how easy it was to train an employee to do basic categorization.
I like knowing that the data is backed up in the cloud, not dependent on my office computer.
I like being able to work on the data from anywhere, not being stuck in the office.
I like how Wave lets you track your personal items along with your business. Who wants to learn two different systems? And let’s be honest, not all of you are really strict about keeping everything business and personal completely separate.
So that’s a lot of reasons to like Wave. And you’re running out of reasons why you can’t keep your business books in good shape.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020