Mark Riffey looks at small town business the same way he looks at all small business: you’ve got to do things right to succeed, and you have a responsibility to others when you’re in business.
Mark has long impressed me with his smart writings about small business. While he’s not always saying “small town,” his small town background influences all his work. Now that we’re practically neighbors (neighboring states counts, right?), I thought it was high time we talked.
One of my few can’t-miss subscriptions is Mark’s Rescue Marketing blog. His Who I Work With page is fantastic marketing as well as a model for you to learn from.
Why this podcast exists
If you’re “just a business owner” or “just” someone in a small town, you often feel like you’re the only one. Either the only one with a positive outlook or the only one who is trying to create change. The whole point of this podcast is to bring all of us together. You are not alone.
You can subscribe in iTunes through this link.
Or you can subscribe in a different podcast tool, RSS reader or music manager. While each tool has a different setup, usually you’ll just need to copy this link and paste it where you add your podcast feeds: https://smallbizsurvival.com/?feed=podcast
You can view all the Positive View of Rural Podcast episodes here.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
Stephanie Ward says
Mark’s ‘Who I Work With’ page is amazing, thank you for sharing Becky. Definitely something to emulate, lots to do!