Waiting on an income tax refund? Wondering about the status of your tax return? The IRS has an app for that, IRS2Go.
In fact, the IRS has had an app since 2011, and the new version 4.0 is now available in both English and Spanish, for iPhone and Android.
Refund status info is updated daily, not minute-by-minute like package tracking. The app can also point you to free tax assistance programs in your area.
Intriguingly, you can use the app to request that your tax account or tax return transcript be sent to you by postal mail.
Maesz is Glenna Mae Hendricks, our IRS and tax matters expert. She has over 20 years experience as an income tax preparer and is a Enrolled Agent.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013