There’s a saying in many organizations: Those who show up, go up.
It’s not that all you have to do is show up. It’s that the people who consistently make the effort to show up are the same ones who make the effort to do the work. They are the ones who read and study the new material they need to learn. They are the ones who make the phone calls, even when it’s not fun. They are the ones who treat it like a business.
And, those are the same people who move up.
The ones who skip the events are the same ones who skip reading and skip studying and skip making the calls.
Today is the 8th anniversary of this site, Small Biz Survival. For eight years, I’ve kept showing up, along with a talented group of people who have contributed many useful posts. That’s eight years of writing, editing, thinking, planning and managing the technology, even when it’s not fun. We have moved up to one of the top 20 small business blogs worldwide, but the real reward is knowing that 9,000 unique visitors each month find answers to their small town business questions right here.
If you want to become one of the people who moves up, start by showing up. Treat your business like a business.
Then, when someone asks for your secret to success, you can honestly say:
Those who show up, go up.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022