For the first time, Shop Small Saturday is promoting local small businesses in the UK on December 7, 2013.
The dedicated UK Small Business Saturday website offers an easy and quick download of digital marketing tools, like posters, logos, and suggested social media posts. There’s also a kit of printed posters, stands and badges you can have sent to your business by post.
Some local councils are creating local buzz with incentives like free parking that day.
What other countries are celebrating some form of Small Business Saturday? I’d love to hear about it!
Are you using Shop Small Saturday to drive more business to your local businesses? Our small town shop local guide can help.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020