The “shop local, shop independent” message is starting to get through. More shoppers say they prefer small local stores over big boxes, according to the Deluxe Annual Holiday Shopping Survey.
What can a small town do to keep the momentum alive through the last of the holiday shopping season? Join with other small towns and local organizations in Shift Your Shopping.
Shift Your Shopping provides both physical materials you can order and downloadable information you can put to work immediately.
- Print the downloadable poster for your store.
- Use the Shift Your Shopping Logo in your ads and online.
- Put the audio PSAs on your local radio station. (You can pay the station and make them ads.)
- Join the Shift Your Shopping for Good campaign to donate a percentage to the charity of the shopper’s choice. Use the campy Kevin Bacon video to promote it.
- Get your chamber or other local organization involved. Not gonna happen? Grab one other local business owner, and get involved together.
Are you building your own Shop Local campaign? Get our Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns guide.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020