Click for the complete infographic
Why do consumers choose small businesses today? It’s personal.
A web.com sponsored survey found 85% of consumers said they chose small businesses because they are:
- personal, intimate, human, face-to-face
- easy to to business with
- customer focused
There’s never been a better time to be Small in business (Rule 6). Consumers are ready to accept you for just the size you are. In fact, consumers defined small business as 25 or fewer employees, so forget about that 500 employee rule from the SBA.
83% also said they wanted the small business they choose to be online and active on social media. So consumers seem to want to extend that personal, human relationship online, too.
Get a copy of the report and infographic at Web.com’s press room.
The online survey, fielded by Toluna Research from August 9-15, 2013, had 3,000 total respondents, out of whom 850 (28%) were Small Business Decision Makers in organizations with fewer than 25 employees. The survey has a ±2.25% to 2.74% margin of error at 95% confidence at the 3,000 “all respondent level” and a ±3.00% to 3.49% margin of error at 95% confidence for the 850 SBDMs.
- About Small Town Rules - May 15, 2022
- Chris Brogan works Anywhere, Anywhen from his small town - May 11, 2022
- More sightings of Small Town Rules fans! - April 11, 2022
- Buy Small Town Rules - March 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Authors - February 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Media - February 15, 2022
- Experts say about Small Town Rules - January 15, 2022
- 7th Annual SMTULSA® Social Business Conference Equips Local Business People for Social Media Marketing Success - February 11, 2017
- Absolut vodka goes local through partner distillers - May 11, 2014
- Plan for Zero: Small biz owners sacrifice their own pay - December 11, 2013