1. You are getting reviewed online, right now.
Whether you know it or not, people are reviewing your business online. Yes, even your small town business. Especially if you cater to tourists. They might be on Facebook, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Local, Urban Spoon, other review sites, their own blogs, Twitter, or a bunch of other places.
2. If you knew your next customer was going to be an important reviewer, how would you treat them?
Wouldn’t you do a little bit extra for them? If you knew in advance that they were going to come in today, wouldn’t you prepare a few special things?
3. Why aren’t you treating everyone that way?
Because now every one of your customers is a potential reviewer. Every single one.
4. How can you treat everyone as special?
You set a standard of service, document it, and train everyone in your organization to do it exactly that way.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Kirt Manecke says
I love this! “Why aren’t you treating everyone that way?
Because now every one of your customers is a potential reviewer. Every single one.”
So true! Thank you for sharing.
Every single customer has to be delighted every time.
Becky McCray says
Kirt, it’s not easy, of course.