Even national retail chains can borrow some local connections.
The Shops at Target are a new type of collaboration, taking products from small shops, “the shops we stumbled upon and couldn’t help but fall in love with” and putting them in Target stores around the country for six-week runs. And not just stacking them in, but recreating each business’s unique aesthetic with personalized displays.
Usually, Target is known for working with big-name designers and luxury clothing brands. This is completely different, focusing on the small. Stores have included The Candy Store, Cos Bar, Polka Dog Bakery, Privet House, The Webster, Boston-based Patch NYC, Manhattan fashion boutiques Kirna Zabête and Odin, and The Curiosity Shoppe from San Francisco.
Photo source: Target PR.
- About Small Town Rules - May 15, 2022
- Chris Brogan works Anywhere, Anywhen from his small town - May 11, 2022
- More sightings of Small Town Rules fans! - April 11, 2022
- Buy Small Town Rules - March 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Authors - February 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Media - February 15, 2022
- Experts say about Small Town Rules - January 15, 2022
- 7th Annual SMTULSA® Social Business Conference Equips Local Business People for Social Media Marketing Success - February 11, 2017
- Absolut vodka goes local through partner distillers - May 11, 2014
- Plan for Zero: Small biz owners sacrifice their own pay - December 11, 2013