Here’s another great small town/rural tourism idea you can steal, this one from Canada.
A two-day Taste & Tour Middlesex Conference started off with networking and local food. It’s important to do the fun stuff first. Then they turned to learning the second day, with a traditional conference event.
“Tourism continues to be one of the fastest growing economic drivers in Ontario and as Tourism Middlesex continues to evolve and grow not only will we have a louder voice in the County but also across our region.” [Source: http://www.strathroyagedispatch.com/2013/06/11/taste-and-tour-middlesex-conference-held]
You’ll find Tourism Middlesex at www.tourmiddlesex.ca
So any local or regional group could combine the fun and learning together into an event people really do want to attend.
But instead of targeting only tourism professionals or tourism businesses, open the fun part up to more locals. Anybody! Invite them all to come out, taste, and then give them a bonus: more information about what they can see and do in their own neighborhood.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021