We love sharing small town business ideas, and this one came from Pamela at the Kansas Kids “More Than a Museum” in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Seems a woman living in Hutch is a good vegetable gardener. So her business is helping out those who need help with their gardens. Not landscaping, or yard work, but vegetable gardening: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and so on.
She helps those who have a physical limit like arthritis keeping them out of the garden, those who just don’t know how to do it, and some who just don’t want to. You can read more about her in the Hutchinson News: Woman offers green-thumb skills for hire.
I’ve heard of plenty of people making a side income from their own gardens, but this is the first I’ve heard of making a side income from someone else’s garden.
With all the emphasis on local foods, organic produce and knowing where your food comes from, this seems like a good business idea.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022