We love sharing small town business ideas, and this one came from Pamela at the Kansas Kids “More Than a Museum” in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Seems a woman living in Hutch is a good vegetable gardener. So her business is helping out those who need help with their gardens. Not landscaping, or yard work, but vegetable gardening: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and so on.
She helps those who have a physical limit like arthritis keeping them out of the garden, those who just don’t know how to do it, and some who just don’t want to. You can read more about her in the Hutchinson News: Woman offers green-thumb skills for hire.
I’ve heard of plenty of people making a side income from their own gardens, but this is the first I’ve heard of making a side income from someone else’s garden.
With all the emphasis on local foods, organic produce and knowing where your food comes from, this seems like a good business idea.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022