We love sharing small town business ideas, and this one came from Pamela at the Kansas Kids “More Than a Museum” in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Seems a woman living in Hutch is a good vegetable gardener. So her business is helping out those who need help with their gardens. Not landscaping, or yard work, but vegetable gardening: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and so on.
She helps those who have a physical limit like arthritis keeping them out of the garden, those who just don’t know how to do it, and some who just don’t want to. You can read more about her in the Hutchinson News: Woman offers green-thumb skills for hire.
I’ve heard of plenty of people making a side income from their own gardens, but this is the first I’ve heard of making a side income from someone else’s garden.
With all the emphasis on local foods, organic produce and knowing where your food comes from, this seems like a good business idea.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020