We love sharing small town business ideas, and this one came from Pamela at the Kansas Kids “More Than a Museum” in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Seems a woman living in Hutch is a good vegetable gardener. So her business is helping out those who need help with their gardens. Not landscaping, or yard work, but vegetable gardening: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and so on.
She helps those who have a physical limit like arthritis keeping them out of the garden, those who just don’t know how to do it, and some who just don’t want to. You can read more about her in the Hutchinson News: Woman offers green-thumb skills for hire.
I’ve heard of plenty of people making a side income from their own gardens, but this is the first I’ve heard of making a side income from someone else’s garden.
With all the emphasis on local foods, organic produce and knowing where your food comes from, this seems like a good business idea.
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021