As we celebrate the one year anniversary of Small Town Rules and winning a 2013 Small Business Book Award, we’ve asked a few friends to share the rules that are a part of their business every day.
Andy Hayes used this idea to talk about the difference between a complex business and a sophisticated business, using Rule 6: Be Proud of Being Small.
“I actually think lots of business owners make the mistake of thinking they want a big business that’s complex, when really, you just want a business that is the “right” size. Even tiny businesses can have a “sophisticated” offering – e.g. a product or service that is high-touch and high-value.”
In fact, maybe it’s time to clean out your business and simplify your offerings, Andy says.
View the quick 2 minute video here: The Difference Between a Complex and a Sophisticated Business.
- About Small Town Rules - May 15, 2022
- Chris Brogan works Anywhere, Anywhen from his small town - May 11, 2022
- More sightings of Small Town Rules fans! - April 11, 2022
- Buy Small Town Rules - March 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Authors - February 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Media - February 15, 2022
- Experts say about Small Town Rules - January 15, 2022
- 7th Annual SMTULSA® Social Business Conference Equips Local Business People for Social Media Marketing Success - February 11, 2017
- Absolut vodka goes local through partner distillers - May 11, 2014
- Plan for Zero: Small biz owners sacrifice their own pay - December 11, 2013