One of the principles of a small town business is to be personal. Sometimes, automation can help you to be personal.
Here’s what I mean.
A friend was taking registrations for an event. If you’ve ever dealt with event registrations, you know it generates a lot of emails. One of the options in his marketing software was to send an email to anyone who started to register for the event, but stopped for some reason and still hadn’t registered within an hour. He chose to send a simple email along the lines of, “If you have any questions or are having trouble registering, just reply and I’ll help you out.” He actually wasn’t sure he should, afraid it would be “too pushy.” But there was no way for him to watch every single person attempt to register and send an email if they needed help without automation.
The first email he got back was a potential attendee worried the event would sell out before he could get the approvals he needed to make the purchase. So my friend held a ticket for him.
So automation can help you be more personal, but only if you are smart and selective about the automation you set up.
Take a look at your own marketing processes. Where can you set up some simple automation that will help you to be personal in ways you otherwise couldn’t be?
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022