Courtesy of Glenn Muske:
The North Dakota State University Extension Service and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Service have teamed up to release a new self-directed program, “Marketing Agritourism Online,” to help agritourism enterprises attract business. The program is FREE and available at http://go.unl.edu/agritourism
|I learned about “top working” pecan
trees on an agritourism tour of
Agritourism is defined as any agriculture-based operation or activity that brings visitors to a farm or ranch. Examples are:
- U-pick fruit farms,
- farm stands or shops,
- farm stays,
- farm tours,
- on-farm classes,
- pumpkin patches and
- Christmas tree farms.
Individuals today are looking to experience some part of the rural life. Whether going out to pick berries, getting lost in a corn maze, taking a trail ride, going hunting or just experiencing what one’s parents or grandparents did, consumers are turning to rural attractions as tourist destinations.
Marketing Agritourism Online offers agritourism businesses a tool to reach a targeted audience with a focused message about what they have to offer. (This program will actually be of use to any business looking at its online presence.) It covers:
- Being Online;
- Getting Found;
- Being Customer Focused; and
- Telling Others.
Three North Dakota businesses are highlighted in the program: Papa’s Pumpkin Patch, Bismarck; Red Trail Vineyard, Buffalo; and Rolling Plains Adventures, McKenzie.
A free weekly newsletter supplements the information by keeping up with changes in online marketing tools and trends – Direct Marketing – http://paper.li/UNLeShip/1319999929
The program was made possible through the support of NDSU and UNL Extension, and funding from the Southern Rural Development Center’s National eCommerce Initiative.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Change - December 26, 2018
- Regular Customers Form Your Base - December 12, 2018
- Disasters: Is Your Small Business Ready? - December 5, 2018
- Business Startup: Steps to Remember - November 28, 2018
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL - November 21, 2018
- Finding a Business Idea - November 14, 2018
- Does Your Networking Have Punch? - November 7, 2018
- Build Tomorrow’s Community Business Sector - October 24, 2018
- Are You Changing? - October 17, 2018
- Is it really a deal? - October 10, 2018