Courtesy of Glenn Muske:
The North Dakota State University Extension Service and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Service have teamed up to release a new self-directed program, “Marketing Agritourism Online,” to help agritourism enterprises attract business. The program is FREE and available at http://go.unl.edu/agritourism
|I learned about “top working” pecan
trees on an agritourism tour of
Agritourism is defined as any agriculture-based operation or activity that brings visitors to a farm or ranch. Examples are:
- U-pick fruit farms,
- farm stands or shops,
- farm stays,
- farm tours,
- on-farm classes,
- pumpkin patches and
- Christmas tree farms.
Individuals today are looking to experience some part of the rural life. Whether going out to pick berries, getting lost in a corn maze, taking a trail ride, going hunting or just experiencing what one’s parents or grandparents did, consumers are turning to rural attractions as tourist destinations.
Marketing Agritourism Online offers agritourism businesses a tool to reach a targeted audience with a focused message about what they have to offer. (This program will actually be of use to any business looking at its online presence.) It covers:
- Being Online;
- Getting Found;
- Being Customer Focused; and
- Telling Others.
Three North Dakota businesses are highlighted in the program: Papa’s Pumpkin Patch, Bismarck; Red Trail Vineyard, Buffalo; and Rolling Plains Adventures, McKenzie.
A free weekly newsletter supplements the information by keeping up with changes in online marketing tools and trends – Direct Marketing – http://paper.li/UNLeShip/1319999929
The program was made possible through the support of NDSU and UNL Extension, and funding from the Southern Rural Development Center’s National eCommerce Initiative.
- Change - December 26, 2018
- Regular Customers Form Your Base - December 12, 2018
- Disasters: Is Your Small Business Ready? - December 5, 2018
- Business Startup: Steps to Remember - November 28, 2018
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL - November 21, 2018
- Finding a Business Idea - November 14, 2018
- Does Your Networking Have Punch? - November 7, 2018
- Build Tomorrow’s Community Business Sector - October 24, 2018
- Are You Changing? - October 17, 2018
- Is it really a deal? - October 10, 2018