Following up on what CASUDI wrote yesterday about the “Take It or Leave It” section in her local recycling facility, that’s a pretty darn good business idea, too.
|Hey, if people will bid on stuff for silent auctions,
maybe they would buy it from a recycling business.
Imagine all those garage sale leftovers, estate items that are still good but not antiques, decorations people are tired off but not worn out, and building supplies that just weren’t needed. Where are they all going? The trash.
So that’s a small town business idea: accept all those items that don’t have a home any more, sort and display them, and re-sell the good stuff.
Community bonus: I’m betting you’ll have more than enough items to also give some away to those in need, maybe working with local ministers.
In a small town, you could possibly even make part of it an “honor system” retail, like the “Take it or leave it” section CASUDI mentioned.
Will you retire rich? Probably not. Could you make a decent side income? Quite possibly.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022