Brian Blake is a smart friend from Oklahoma City, and he’s one of the hosts of the fun podcast, The 7 Minute Smarketer.
|Becky and Brian Blake with a cocktail shaker, printed by
the company he works with, ROBYN. Seems appropriate
for a liquor store owner, don’t you think?
He challenged me to make all the listeners smarter marketers in seven minutes, or I would owe him and all the listeners a beer. Of course, I couldn’t resist.
My seven minute answer is to act like a small town business owner. We talked about how much more the whole business world is like a small town now, how your customers act like small town people no matter where you do business. (Sound familiar? Like Small Town Rules, maybe?) We also covered ways to talk with customers individually and whether there are any universal truths in business today.
Brian works as Director of Marketing and Transmedia Storyteller for ROBYN Promo. He is also a driving force in the AMA Oklahoma City chapter, and has been kind enough to invite me to speak to their group.
I’d be glad to come speak to your group on business and small town rules.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022