For everyone who hates business plans, I keep finding alternative ways of planning. Here’s another one.
Sounds good: just mess around and try things, right? Well, that’s not quite enough.
Experimenting means more than just trying things. It means methodical testing. You have a specific idea you’re testing, and the test is designed to find out whether the idea is valid. And before, during and after the test you measure.
How do you use this as a replacement for business planning? Follow all the steps:
- Come up with an idea for your business.
- Figure out a way to test it.
- Set up a relevant measurement.
- Run the test while measuring.
- Measure how well it worked.
- Decide how to improve the idea and test that.
Not as simple as just “trying stuff,” but potentially powerful.
Do you think this could be a useful alternative to planning for you?
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022