One of our readers from Reimagine Goldendale asked this on Facebook:
People are constantly being encouraged to shop local, but small town retailers have a tough time keeping their prices down when their wholesale costs can be so high. Do you have any advice on how to order wholesale so retail prices can be more competitive? Are wholesalers ever “small business friendly”? Seems to me we need to get the wholesalers to rethink how they do business, not just the small town residents.
We’ve talked before about living with the higher prices wholesalers sometimes charge small town retailers, but never about how to get the wholesalers to improve. What would you suggest?
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022