If your small town is doing a good job of reclaiming vacant properties, here is your chance to share what you’ve learned. If you don’t speak up for small towns on this topic, who will?
|Waynoka, Oklahoma, has a foundation
that reclaims vacant properties.
From their email:
The Center for Community Progress is seeking session proposals for the 2013 Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference, to be held September 9-11, 2013 in Philadelphia.
This conference convenes community revitalization professionals from across the country to educate, empower and energize them to tackle the most pressing issues facing our cities and towns. Attracting leaders from government, nonprofits and the private sector – we will explore a wide variety of topics related to the challenges and opportunities presented by foreclosed, abandoned, blighted and other problem properties.
Themed “Investing in the Future: Unlocking Hidden Values” for 2013, we are shaping the national discussion on how communities are recognizing and capitalizing on the value from their vacant and distressed properties in order to reduce costs, increase revenues, return equity to individuals and create a stable foundation for future prosperity.
This is where you come in: The success of the conference hinges on a high-quality program. We are looking for informative, innovative and interactive sessions that will engage conference participants and equip them with new knowledge to take back to their communities.
You can get more information or submit a proposal on the Call for Session Proposals page.
For everyone interested in reclaiming vacant properties, this is a good conference to get on your calendar for 2013.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022