Investment Ready Places is a new description of small towns and mid sized cities, from the team at Street Sense: Atul Sharma, Kevin Lavelle and Joseph Nickol.
Small towns and cities have lots of potential.
Mid-tier towns and cities are our most dynamic urban settlements and have the largest untapped potential for fostering economic growth. They vary in size from a town of a few thousand people to small cities with a couple hundred thousands residents. They are small enough to be affected by incremental change and large enough to afford opportunities to create substantial impact. They provide us the stimulus of direct action followed by relatively quick, tangible change.
They’ve put together a report introducing the concept of Investment Ready Places. They also have a checklist that guides you in evaluating your small town’s potential, and a map of places that have completed the IRP checklist.
The checklist divides towns into four categories, from good enough to attract other investors all the way down to “look elsewhere.” (I agree that Not every small town can be saved.)
If you evaluate your small town using the checklist, you might want to list it on their map that they call the IRP Locator.
Want to learn more? Head to the Investment Ready Places page.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021