Speakers from 20 states are converging on Kansas November 8, 2012, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities. It’s the Small Town State of NOW, which we used to call the 140 Conference.
|Contributor Jon Swanson and I will share a
panel on true friendship this year.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local event. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
This marks the third time we’ve held this event. It promises to be the best one yet. I realize I’m biased because Jeff and I created it together, but I’m serious.
Here’s an overview of the first 140 Conference from Oklahoma Horizon TV. (Don’t see the video? Click through to Small Biz Survival.)
What makes this event special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Nick Barron @nbarron, Washington, DC, Incubating Tomorrow’s Great Minds
- Aliza Sherman @alizasherman, Tok, Alaska, Empowering others with tech
- Simon Salt @incslinger, Fort Worth, Texas, The Starving Artist
- Greg Peterson @gregpeterson33, Assaria, Kansas, I’m farming and I grow it
- Doug Mitchell @nextgenradio, Rockville, Maryland, Creating Multiculturalism in Small Town America
- Jason Kintzler @JasonKintzler, Wyoming, Pearl snaps and web apps in a land where cowboys are kings.
See the whole speaker list at State of NOW.
If you’re interested in what goes on in the high tech world outside the metropolis, join the conversation.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendofST12” for a serious discount
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019