In February of 2012, the IRS provided a reprieve from merchant card reporting on business returns for 2011 Schedule C and Forms 1065, 1120S and 1120; however, the IRS plans to change its approach after 2012 returns are filed. The IRS has indicated that it plans to pilot a business-matching program that can address a large amount of small business noncompliance.
For discussion of how to handle Form 1099-K, see our discussion from September 2011.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013