Every business person, no matter how successful they appear, deals with failure daily. It’s just a part of doing business.
|Every week, I fail in my business.
I never can outguess the customers!
Looking in from the outside, you don’t see the whole picture. A smart friend told me he’s intimidated when he looks at people he considers successful in business, including me. I started listing off a few of my more notable failures, from personnel to assets, to marketing and advertising.
Every week of the world, I put in my stock order based on my best guess of what people will want to buy for the next week. I’m never completely correct. I get close, but there are always misses and sometimes horrible mistakes. It’s just that no one sees them, except for the hole in the shelf.
But from the outside, you don’t see it that way. You think it’s all planned and precise, when I know that it’s really messy.
My weekly stock ordering failures remind me that failure is a constant in business. If you’re not committing some errors and experiencing some failures, you’re probably not doing anything.
Don’t be afraid of the failures. They are the only way you can learn and grow.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022