A person emailed me about small town retail development a while back. I recommended he talk to Mandy Vavrinak and listed her email address. He emailed back, asking for more information about her. I thought to myself, “What more could he need?”
|That’s me with Mandy Vavrinak,
At the 2011 Social Media Tulsa Conference.
If he’d been using any of the many available social CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools I recommended in Tools To Get To Know Your Customers, he would have had an instant profile of Mandy. When I put my mouse pointer on Mandy’s email address in my Gmail window, Rapportive shows me her title, company, Twitter account plus recent tweets, and links to her Facebook, Flickr, and her LinkedIn profiles. Gist and other tools could do the same thing. Gmail itself has started including some similar social CRM tools.
Using a tool like this means he could have handled the situation in a very different way. He could have looked at one or two of her profiles. Then he could have asked an informed question about her business or specialty, or asked for my personal opinion. (I think she’s very smart, for the record.) He’d have learned a lot more.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022