Congratulations to Shelbie Huff (nominated by Alok Gupta)! She received the HP Folio 13 laptop.
Our judge was moved by her story, and by the fact that Alok was kind enough to nominate her. We’re hoping to get a quote or photo from Shelbie to share with you soon.
It was great to hear from all of you how you would work “Anywhere, Anywhen” with an UltraBook. The face of rural business is no longer just a bricks-and-mortar. It’s also people working from homes, from coffee shops, from borrowed spaces, from co-working places, from libraries, from schools, from everywhere!
Thanks to Innkeeper Seely, Julie Vander Pol, Jay Merrill, Jeremy Little, Angela, Patsy Terrell, Nick Gaston, Paul Swansen, Gina B., Rod Murrow, Ann D., and Sally Bair for entering. Thanks to Ian Edwards, Deb, and Richard Drury for commenting and encouraging! Thanks to HP for providing the UltraBooks, and to Edelman Digital for working with us.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020