We don’t often do giveaways here at Small Biz Survival. We give away tons of good info every day, but we don’t often giveaway products. When I make an exception, it’s one worth noting. This is one of those exceptions.
|UltraBooks like the HP Folio 13 fit with the trend of
rural entrepreneurs working from non-traditional places.
HP offered Small Biz Survival the chance to review an HP Folio 13 UltraBook, and to give away another one to you. I think UltraBooks show real promise for rural entrepreneurs: powerful enough to do real work, light enough to carry everywhere. So I said yes.
One to Review
My review of the Folio 13 will be coming later, once I actually receive the review unit. In the meantime, I can tell you I was impressed that it packs in connections that other ultrabooks lack: Ethernet cable for internet, HDMI for video out, and an SD card slot to get photos from a camera. I was also impressed that it picked up the PC Mag and CNET Editor’s Choice awards in January.
|Yes, it’s thinner than a dime, though it’s not the thinnest
UltraBook out there.
One for You
If you are chosen, you’ll receive an HP Folio 13 UltraBook, valued at $899. The prize is provided by HP, and the agency is Edelman Digital.
To make this a little more fun, I’m going to tie it into our Small Town Rules: Rule 4 is Work Anywhere, Anywhen. Bonus points if you can tie in another of the Small Town Rules. There’s a list of the rules on our Media page.
How to Enter:
You must do both steps. Leave a comment explaining how you would work anywhere, anywhen using the HP Folio 13. Optionally, you may create an audio, video, or blog post to support your comment and include a link to that post in your comment. Send me your email address via our contact form. I must be able to match your name and email address to your comment, so I suggest you copy and paste your comment into the contact form.
The deadline was Friday, June 15, 2012. Our judge will make her decision, and we’ll notify the winner by email.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021