Our friend Heather Thomas of Destin Florida Boat Rentals has been looking for ways to make her website “copy-proof.” See, other boat rental companies can say they offer the same services or the same tours, but of course it isn’t the same. How could she better show off her uncopy-able qualities?
|How can you add things to your destination website
that no competitor can copy?
She started with testimonials, because we all tend to believe the word of mouth of people like us much more than we believe any marketing message.
I suggested a few other things that no one can copy:
- Photos of happy guests in front of her logo or sign
- Tweets from happy customers (favorite them, and then install a Twitter widget featuring your favorites)
- Photos and posts on guests’ Facebook profiles
Videos are one of Heather’s specialties, so I encouraged her to do more!
One cool way to get customers to post photos is with a tool like a Fan Cam. We had one provided for the Small Town 140 Characters Conference, and people had a lot of fun posting photos to Facebook from it.
How could you create content for your destination website that no one could copy?
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022