By Glenna Mae Hendricks, E.A.
The first of the year is very fast approaching. This means it is very important for all business owners to start gathering the information needed to file Form 1099-MISC for each sub-contractor who has been commissioned to do work for you and who you paid more than $600 total for the entire year.
The IRS has all the particulars of what is required to file and exactly what they expect to see in each box on the 1099.
Now, for the easy part: FileTaxes.com has a shiny, new, free iPhone app that can be used to file from your phone, import contacts & track the status of your filings.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013
Daniel Milstein says
Though filing the taxes is important but a headache as well. The info given is really helpful and makes the life easy of tax-filers. This is highly recommended for small entrepreneurs especially those who are few in numbers to take care of the entire organization.