My hometown of Alva, Oklahoma, is doing something that most any small town could benefit from: building a habit of helping in our people.
People make small donations, conveniently at all the local banks. Most of the banks have pledged matching funds. (Double cool.)
The group picks just three or four causes to support each year. This year, they did the local food bank, the summer youth sports and arts activities, the schools, and currently the senior citizens’ nutrition center.
Want to build on this idea? Stop by the Bank It – a habit of helping website and gain ideas for your own project.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022