My hometown of Alva, Oklahoma, is doing something that most any small town could benefit from: building a habit of helping in our people.
People make small donations, conveniently at all the local banks. Most of the banks have pledged matching funds. (Double cool.)
The group picks just three or four causes to support each year. This year, they did the local food bank, the summer youth sports and arts activities, the schools, and currently the senior citizens’ nutrition center.
Want to build on this idea? Stop by the Bank It – a habit of helping website and gain ideas for your own project.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021