Cascade Supply, Inc., in Concrete, Washington, is the “You name it – We got it” store. They aren’t kidding. There is more packed into this downtown store than you could ever imagine. If you love a good hardware store or lumber yard, this place is a piece of heaven.
|Cascade Supply Lumber and Builders Supply. The locals know where Skiyou is.|
|They aren’t kidding about
“You name it, we got it.”
The owner, Don, told me that a customer may come wanting three things. If he doesn’t have any one of them, the customer is just as likely to leave empty handed, knowing they have to make a trip to the big box store half an hour away. While I was there four people came in with varied requests, and Don met them all. That’s how you survive in a small town.
Since he’s owned the store for less than a decade, he’s still something of a newcomer in town, or so he says.
|Don is the owner,
and knows where everything is.
Being in the Cascade Range, fishing and hunting and camping are big around here. Don supplies them all, including the firearms. After a rare break-in, they’ve had to move the guns into a safe. They did keep the rock the thief used to smash the window, though. And they still sell ammo, too.
I found about four things I’d been looking for, but didn’t have room in my carry-on to take any of them home. Next time, I’ll have Don ship it for me. He said he would.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021