Speakers from 17 states are converging on Kansas September 20, 2011, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local 140. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
What makes the 140 Conference special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Cheryl Lawson will tell how the LA 140conference lead her to create Social Media Tulsa.
- Sheila Scarborough will share how a city kid like her got sucked in by rural friends on Twitter.
- Janice Pearson will tell how a non-farm girl became known as an expert on cotton.
- Leslie McLellan will tell how she used soical media to market a small California tourism destination.
- Patsy Terrell will talk about how creative types fare in small towns.
- Ron Williams will come from Brooklyn to talk about trusting in ourselves. Yes, Brooklyn!
By the time this comes out, the SmallTown 140 Conference schedule should be posted online.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendof140” for a serious discount
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022