Speakers from 17 states are converging on Kansas September 20, 2011, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local 140. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
What makes the 140 Conference special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Cheryl Lawson will tell how the LA 140conference lead her to create Social Media Tulsa.
- Sheila Scarborough will share how a city kid like her got sucked in by rural friends on Twitter.
- Janice Pearson will tell how a non-farm girl became known as an expert on cotton.
- Leslie McLellan will tell how she used soical media to market a small California tourism destination.
- Patsy Terrell will talk about how creative types fare in small towns.
- Ron Williams will come from Brooklyn to talk about trusting in ourselves. Yes, Brooklyn!
By the time this comes out, the SmallTown 140 Conference schedule should be posted online.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendof140” for a serious discount
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020