Speakers from 17 states are converging on Kansas September 20, 2011, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local 140. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
What makes the 140 Conference special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Cheryl Lawson will tell how the LA 140conference lead her to create Social Media Tulsa.
- Sheila Scarborough will share how a city kid like her got sucked in by rural friends on Twitter.
- Janice Pearson will tell how a non-farm girl became known as an expert on cotton.
- Leslie McLellan will tell how she used soical media to market a small California tourism destination.
- Patsy Terrell will talk about how creative types fare in small towns.
- Ron Williams will come from Brooklyn to talk about trusting in ourselves. Yes, Brooklyn!
By the time this comes out, the SmallTown 140 Conference schedule should be posted online.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendof140” for a serious discount
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020