Want more local photos for your tourism efforts? Sponsor a photography event.
|Alva’s Picture My Weekend event
draws photographers from all over the region.
Help your local creative types put on a photography workshop or even a simple photo walk. Both are perfect for small towns.
A photo walk is a group of photographers walking through an area more or less as a group, shooting lots of photos. Anyone can pull one of these off, with maybe one or two helpers. Photo walks also fit well into other events. Do a photo walk through your arts festival, your quilt show, your car show, or your heritage festival.
A photography workshop can be much more organized with class sessions and hands on time. This calls for a committee of organizers.
Make an easy way for them to share photos with you: a specific email address, or even a laptop where they can upload photos during the event. Get creative and ask them how they want to share! Explain to participants what you do to promote tourism, why it helps your town. Invite them to share their photos with you, and allow you to reprint them.
Make it easy, make it reflect what the photographers themselves want, and make it fun. Then make a new folder on your hard drive, because you’re about to get a whole bunch of new and interesting photos.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022