Successful small town businesses keep it simple.
|Hart and Con Pekrul keep it simple.
The secret to long-lasting success.
Here’s what I noticed in the back room at a local winery, run by Con Pekrul. All the equipment is simple. Barrels and buckets, second hand tables, a used refrigerator.
Here’s Con’s father Hart, filling bottles by hand. An automatic bottler would be too expensive, Con said. And Hart, a retired banker, won’t entertain such extravagant ideas.
The wine labels are still printed on plain paper in one color. There is only one label design, so each variety is stamped with a rubber stamp.
This careful attitude has helped them beat the predictions of their accountant and to build a strong business for more than seven years.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022