With small business lending incredibly tight, more innovative alternatives to financing are coming up. This one has a big string attached: a complete change in how you manage your business.
Springfield Remanufacturing Company is a small city success, based in Springfield, Missouri. They got famous for using completely open book management, calling it the great game of business. Every worker is also an owner of the business, and all that financial training paid off as workers were able to build up and hive off their own divisions as separate firms.
And that brings us to the alternative financing. When the workers understand every financial detail of the business, they can even decide to loan the company money, when acute need arises. That’s what happened for one Springfield firm trained in business by SRC’s method.
Read and watch the whole story at PBS: SRC Manufacturer Goes Small in Era of “Too Big to Fail.“
- Shipping container businesses downtown: don’t make this big mistake - September 24, 2018
- Easy economic development tip: Write down all new businesses in your small town - September 17, 2018
- Commerce builds communties - September 10, 2018
- Quick insights into local tourism trends - September 3, 2018
- US small businesses can get small loans through Kiva - August 27, 2018
- Want to sell more in the evenings? Use this easy promotion - August 20, 2018
- When things go wrong, this is the secret way to keep customers happy - August 13, 2018
- From kids with summer jobs to kids with summer businesses with these small town business ideas - August 6, 2018
- Finding the money to renovate an old building in a small town: grants, loans and other funds - July 30, 2018
- Rural tourism trend: digital detox and off-the-grid vacations - July 23, 2018