You’ve experimented with social media. You’ve learned the tools. You know what you’re doing now, and you’re pretty comfortable. How can you take it to the next level?
A friend and I talked about this exact question this weekend, and I’m sharing the answer with you.
The Secret: Stop talking about you. Listen to them, and talk about what they want.
Here’s the four step process:
- Define your customer.
- Find out what they want to know. Note: you probably need to ask them, rather than guess. And remember they are interested in themselves.
- Set up the keyword searches and subscriptions that will bring that info to you.
- Plan how you’ll share that info through your all your channels: social media and networks, your paper communications and your paid advertising.
Is there room to share your news, or important information from you? Sure! That fits in with the other stuff. Except now there will actually be customers listening and reading.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022