Matt About Business Weekly Link Roundup
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
My Take: A fun infographic on the not-always-fun topic of search engine optimization (SEO)
Retailers: How To Sell Online In 60 Seconds
My Take: An interesting look inside the mind of your customer as they make a buying decision online over 60 seconds.
Getting Ready for the Cloud: 5 Tips for SMBs Looking for Cloud-Based Services
My Take: A good high-level primer. In my humble opinion, #2 is the most important.
This is a Time for Leaders to Lead not React
My Take: An introspective, and detailed, look at how you can intentionally begin using the power of social media.
Free Your Content, and the Rest Will Follow
My Take: Great tips for offering free content so potential customers can sample your greatness.
An Expensive Lesson In Domain Names
My Take: A cautionary tale regarding domain names (how often can you say that – hee hee).
Grow Your Email List, and Your Sales, In-Store
My Take: How an offline approach can really boost your e-mailing list and help you gain, and retain, customers.
A Dozen Ways to Improve Your Social CRM
My Take: I selected this article to list here and then realized that I am quoted within! Cool, eh? Social CRM experts reveal tips for how businesses can best use social media to improve customer relationships.
The 12 Most Inspiring Blogs for New Entrepreneurs
My Take: Need a boost? Check out these blogs for some daily pick-me-up!
8 Ways to Successfully Sell Using Social Media
My Take: Yep, you read that right! Some good tips in this post.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021