Matt About Solutions Weekly Link Roundup
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here.
These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
If you need a website, consider getting a free consult with Matt: Think Outside the Browser
5 Ways to Win More Business with Google Places
My Take: Tips for local, offline businesses!
Essential Mobile Marketing Resources
My Take: A collection of great resources on mobile marketing. The “Fortune 50 Use of Mobile: If You’ve Got It, Flaunt It” slideshow is especially engaging!
How to grow and build on social capital
My Take: Loved this to-the-point lesson: “Understand social capital and you’re more likely to achieve your social media goals. Long story short: you have to give to get.”
Social Media Won’t Fix Your Broken Business: 15 Success Tips
My Take: Love the “down-to-earth” tips in this post.
I Will Never Hire a “Social Media Expert,” and Neither Should You
My Take: A hard-hitting post about social-media consultants. I do support the practice, but only if it’s part of a larger marketing effort.
[Becky says: I liked this response by Shel Holtz: I’d Hire a Social Media Expert, and Maybe You Should, Too.]
Ranking The Value of Social Currency
My Take: An interesting perspective on the “value” of different online social actions.
Market Saturation: Is It Too Late For You To Make Money Online?
My Take: Though I do not believe in making all of your money online, I like the views and tips in this post on niche targeting. (Note: if you do not get this post (Page not found) – then try later. Good article, just seems to be missing for a moment)
The Big List: 168 Marketing Trends, Predictions & Resolutions For 2011
My Take: We’re almost half-way through 2011 – how accurate were these predictions and what may still lie ahead?
5 Ways to Boost Your Email Prospecting Response Rate
My Take: Good, and actionable, e-mail marketing tips.
Nobody Cares About Your Website
My Take: Now this post is talking my language!
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020