Many of you loved the information from Dave Shideler in Building Entrepreneurial Communities. Now you can participate as Shideler presents two webinars on the same subject, plus one on youth entrepreneurship.
These three webinars are presented free by Oklahoma State University Extension Service and Oklahoma’s Rural Enterprises, Inc.:
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part I: What are they?
This first session will focus on “what communities can do to support, cultivate and enhance entrepreneurship” in your community. Expect to learn a lot about entrepreneurs and what goes into an entrepreneurial climate.
- Community Entrepreneurship Readiness Tool -PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 1 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communtities Part 1 – video (downloads as EXE file)
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part II: How do you build it?
Now that you know more about entrepreneurial climate, what policies can be put in place? Shideler has a long list of policy examples from around Oklahoma. He will also talk about ways to build the entrepreneurial climate and support systems that don’t require policy changes.
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – video (opens in browser)
Youth Entrepreneurship: Building a pipeline
Want to keep more of your town’s kids engaged and involved in the community? Help them become entrepreneurs. Shideler will also share the 4-H curricula on youth entrepreneurship.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021