What can you do when you need business and income right away? Here is one thing that almost always works:
Call your existing customers.
|Phone by Ant & Carrie|
Pick up the phone, and call your existing customers. Just say hello, check in that everything you’ve done for them is still working, or whatever the equivalent is for your business. Thank them for being a customer.
Feeling brave? Tell them you have some extra time right now, and tell them exactly what kind of work you’d love to pick up. But that’s optional.
What’s the worst that could happen?
- If you find an unhappy customer, you get the chance to make it right. Result: they become your biggest fan.
- If you find a happy customer, you feel great and they feel great. Result: they will watch for work to send to you.
Of course, the best that can happen is that you turn up someone who needs some work right away, right?
Does it work?
Well, I’ve seen it work. A local small business person asked me what he could do to get business right away. I encouraged him to make some calls to current customers. He reported back that he picked up two new jobs immediately.
What have you tried to find business immediately?
P.S. Don’t forget the webinar Tuesday, “No You May NOT Pick My Brain!“ with Sheila Scarborough and me.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020