[Readers always ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’re introducing a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
Top 5 Facebook Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make
Excellent pointers on what not to do if you are a small business on Facebook!
4 Ways to Set Up a Storefront on Facebook
Selling on Facebook? Where’s the downside on this?!
2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
A 41-page “state of social media marketing” report. A great resource downloadable for FREE (not even an e-mail address required!)
Why Facebook’s New Questions Tool Is Good for Brands & Businesses
I’ve been playing with this over at http://www.facebook.com/mattaboutbusiness. Have you given it a try?
Facebook Is Not the House
This quote says it all, “Focusing too much attention on your Facebook play is like spending a bunch of time decorating and fixing up a neighbor’s house while they are traveling Europe for a year or two.”
5 Tips to Help Prevent Your Company from Being Bashed on Twitter and Other Social Media
Damage control is a key ingredients to any communications strategy, especially when dealing with the lightning-quick online world of social media.
Why You Can’t Ignore Social Media | 3 Tips from the Pros
I just love actionable tips and this post has three good ones! Go, read, learn and take action!
Not my usual type of link, but I liked the message here. :)
10 Smart Ways to Make Your Blog More Comment-friendly
Some good advice on getting folks to engage with you on your blog.
Why Small Businesses Are Going “All In” On the Cloud
This post is singing my tune!
[This weekly roundup will be back again next weekend. Let us know what you think in the comments! -Becky]
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022