[Readers always ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’re introducing a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
Top 5 Facebook Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make
Excellent pointers on what not to do if you are a small business on Facebook!
4 Ways to Set Up a Storefront on Facebook
Selling on Facebook? Where’s the downside on this?!
2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
A 41-page “state of social media marketing” report. A great resource downloadable for FREE (not even an e-mail address required!)
Why Facebook’s New Questions Tool Is Good for Brands & Businesses
I’ve been playing with this over at http://www.facebook.com/mattaboutbusiness. Have you given it a try?
Facebook Is Not the House
This quote says it all, “Focusing too much attention on your Facebook play is like spending a bunch of time decorating and fixing up a neighbor’s house while they are traveling Europe for a year or two.”
5 Tips to Help Prevent Your Company from Being Bashed on Twitter and Other Social Media
Damage control is a key ingredients to any communications strategy, especially when dealing with the lightning-quick online world of social media.
Why You Can’t Ignore Social Media | 3 Tips from the Pros
I just love actionable tips and this post has three good ones! Go, read, learn and take action!
Not my usual type of link, but I liked the message here. :)
10 Smart Ways to Make Your Blog More Comment-friendly
Some good advice on getting folks to engage with you on your blog.
Why Small Businesses Are Going “All In” On the Cloud
This post is singing my tune!
[This weekly roundup will be back again next weekend. Let us know what you think in the comments! -Becky]
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020