[Readers always ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’re introducing a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
Top 5 Facebook Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make
Excellent pointers on what not to do if you are a small business on Facebook!
4 Ways to Set Up a Storefront on Facebook
Selling on Facebook? Where’s the downside on this?!
2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
A 41-page “state of social media marketing” report. A great resource downloadable for FREE (not even an e-mail address required!)
Why Facebook’s New Questions Tool Is Good for Brands & Businesses
I’ve been playing with this over at http://www.facebook.com/mattaboutbusiness. Have you given it a try?
Facebook Is Not the House
This quote says it all, “Focusing too much attention on your Facebook play is like spending a bunch of time decorating and fixing up a neighbor’s house while they are traveling Europe for a year or two.”
5 Tips to Help Prevent Your Company from Being Bashed on Twitter and Other Social Media
Damage control is a key ingredients to any communications strategy, especially when dealing with the lightning-quick online world of social media.
Why You Can’t Ignore Social Media | 3 Tips from the Pros
I just love actionable tips and this post has three good ones! Go, read, learn and take action!
Not my usual type of link, but I liked the message here. :)
10 Smart Ways to Make Your Blog More Comment-friendly
Some good advice on getting folks to engage with you on your blog.
Why Small Businesses Are Going “All In” On the Cloud
This post is singing my tune!
[This weekly roundup will be back again next weekend. Let us know what you think in the comments! -Becky]
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022