[Readers frequently ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’ve introduced a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!). Enjoy!
Should You Advertise on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter?
A good overview of the three platforms and with pros and cons of each.
How to Use Skype in Your Business
An overview of some of the ways you can use Skype.
5 Free Ways To Track Twitter Sentiment
How is your company perceived on Twitter? Use these tools to find out.
How We Hired a Web Developer
A good case study from the NYT.
My Favorite Tools
A great roundup of online solutions.
5 New Tactics For SEO Post-Panda
The changes at Google have hit many hard. Here are some approaches to take to recover.
10 New Twitter Tools to Boost your Productivity
More of the ever-growing list of Twitter tools.
How To Get Long Laster And Targeted Traffic From Twitter
Actionable tactics for making use of Twitter.
Stop Copying Everyone Else’s Business Model!
Insight on differentiating your business.
11 Great Technology Tools for Small Business
Another great roundup of online solutions.
[By the time you read this, Matt and I will have finally met in person at SOBCon in Chicago. Here’s to real life meetings! -Becky]
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020